Hello everyone! Hope you’re all having a great start to your week. Today I am comparing two monthly subscriptions: Ipsy and Sephora Play. Both of these are $10 USD and come with five deluxe samples. Ipsy sends a wide range of drugstore and high end products, many of which I have never even heard of. Sephora Play only sends products that they sell in their store, so I usually have heard of the brands and wanted to try them. Both bags came with some really good products this month, but which do I think was the best? Check out the details below!
Ipsy Glam Bag
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara: This mascara is supposed to give your lashes crazy length and volume without becoming clumpy. I have always been really interested in this brand and have only tried their brushes and CC cream so I am excited to try their mascara too!
- Briogeo Leave in Conditioning Spray: I usually don’t want to get hair products in subscriptions because I don’t style or use heat on my hair at all. I was happy to see that this was a conditioner to help hydrate and strengthen your hair. I have been coloring my hair since 2010 and have been bleaching it the last year so I am always wanting more products to condition and repair!
- Urban Decay Highlighter in Sin: I love the Naked palettes from Urban Decay but I haven’t really tried anything else from them so I’m excited to try a highlighter. Unfortunately this pan size is really tiny and the swatch didn’t give off as much pigment as I would like but we will see how it performs on the face.
- Caked Makeup Liquid Lip in Low Key: This looks to be your basic matte liquid lipstick. The shade I got is a dark berry and the product smells just like cake. I hope the pigment is good and not patchy once I try it on my mouth.
- Adesse Nail Polish in Surfer Girl: I have already received a blue nail polish from Ipsy so at first I was like another one?! But then I looked at the shade in the light and realized it’s a completely different shade of blue. This color reminds me a lot of the ocean in the Caribbean because it’s more like a blue-green rather than a light sky blue. To me this shade screams summer so I will definitely be painting it on my nails in June!
- Belif Hungarian Water Essense: This product is like a hydrating serum that you put on after toning and before your moisturizer. It has natural antioxidants such as lavender and rosemary to really help sooth your skin. I love anything hydrating so I am really happy I got this!
- Tatcha Cleansing Oil: I hear about this brand a lot on YouTube, but they are pretty expensive so I have never bought anything from them. This oil cleanser contains camellia which is supposed to be very gentle on the skin. I don’t usually like how cleansing oils feel on my face but I will definitely give it a try.
- Nudestix Magnetic Matte Lip Color in Greystone: This is your basic matte lip crayon in a deep brown color. It feels very creamy and looks pretty pigmented in the swatch. I’m not sure how good this shade will look on me, but I will probably try wearing it in Autumn when I start wearing darker lip colors again.
- Trestique Highlighting Stick: This creamy highlighter can be used to highlight the bridge of your nose, cheekbones, inner corners, or anywhere else you want some glow! It is a really pretty pink champagne color. The swatch is so pigmented I am very excited to use it on my face!
- Rahua Omega 9 Hair Mask: This mask is supposed to deeply condition and repair damaged, dry hair. I love using hair masks in the shower once a week to bring back moisture and shine to my bleached and color treated hair. I will definitely give this a try on my next hair washing day!
- Tocca Perfume in Stella: Sephora Play always includes a perfume sample, and this month we got a scent perfect for spring and summer. It has a fruity scent with orange and lily. I hope it is long wearing!
For this month I would have to say that the Sephora Play Box is my favorite! All the products look like they will work for me and I just love trying expensive brands. Of course, there are some things from Ipsy that I love to! I can’t wait to use all these and see if any of them are worth purchasing the full size.
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to follow for more beauty posts ❤