Hello beauties! It is finally the end of the week! Today I am going to talk to you about expensive products that I did not really enjoy and won’t buy again. If you didn’t see my drugstore edition, go check that out as well! Some of these products will probably be a major shocker because many people are in love with them. As I stated in my last post, this is just my OPINION so don’t think they’re totally awful just because they did not work for me. You are always able to go into Sephora and get a sample if you want to give it a try.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray ($31): I saw so many youtubers use this spray before I purchased it and I thought it was THE spray to own. I don’t know what it is, but I swear when I spray this on, ten minutes later my blush and bronzer have faded to nothing! It makes me look so pale and dead I do not understand it. Maybe it has something to do with my dry skin. I only use to wet my brushes now.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation ($40): I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly (shade 1.0), and is super easy to apply with my beauty blender. But sometimes it gets very cakey around my chin, nose, and wherever I have dryness. Also I find that it does NOT blend with concealer! No matter what concealer I use under my eyes, they just do not mix. It looks like make up is sitting on top of my skin and is so patchy and just horrible.
- Makeup Forever Step One Smoothing Primer ($37): This is another product that I have seen many people express their love for but it just didn’t do anything for me. While I am dry I do have visible pores around the center of my face, and I didn’t find that this did much to fill them. It’s also hard to squeeze the product out of the tube and not much comes out. There are many variations to this primer so I may try a hydrating one! \
- Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer ($25): I bought this primer during Black Friday when it was on sale for only $10 and thought, why not try it out? The product itself feels very greasy and while my skin is dry I do not like the feeling of this primer. It claims to smooth and hydrate your skin and I think it does add hydration but I just can’t get over the greasiness so I will not be repurchasing.
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($24): I hope none of you hate me for saying I don’t like this insanely popular concealer haha! It definitely has the fullest coverage out of all the concealers I have tried but it is just too thick for me it doesn’t look good on my dry under eyes. I also have a skin condition called Milia around my eye area which makes applying concealer a lot more difficult! I understand why so many people love it but for my skin type it doesn’t work.
- Kylie Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks in shades ‘Gorg‘ and ‘Merry‘ ($30-40): I own quite a few of Kylie’s lip products and the only ones I have really had a problem with are these two. I have found that the deeper red toned shades tend to be a lot more drying on the lips. Also when I wore Merry it would start flaking off after about an hour. Both of them are severely patchy so I had to wear a lip liner under it but even then it didn’t look good. I really love some of her other liquid lipsticks especially Koko k and Khlo$. If you are thinking about purchasing a Kylie Lip Kit I would definitely recommend getting one of the pink or nude shades rather than the deeper tones! They will apply better and last a lot longer.
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? Also any suggestions for a setting spray or hydrating primer are appreciated!
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this post. Don’t forget to follow me on here and instagram; slaywithamyrae