Hello friends! Recently I tried a few new products that I just did not love. Then I started thinking about all the products I use that I don’t think I like enough to buy again and decided I should write about them! I actually have a lot more than I expected so I am breaking this up into two posts: today we will be talking about drugstore products and on Friday we will talk about high end. While these products did not work for me, that does not mean they won’t work for you either so please just take my OPINION!
- e.l.f. Powder Blush Palette in Light ($6): I was very excited when I purchased this palette and at first I really did like it. The shades were nice and pigmented and blended well on my face. But after a couple months I noticed the shades began to dry out and become very chalky. After about four months there was hardly any pigmentation to these blushes. I guess that is what you get for $6!
- RCMA No Color Powder ($20.02): I put this in the drugstore category because 3oz of product for $20 USD is a pretty good price. I saw SO many youtubers raving about this product in the last year, especially Kathleen Lights who also has dry skin so I thought I would love this. I tried baking for the first time with this and my under eyes creased so much and looked extremely dry. I also tried lightly setting my whole face with it and once again my face looked SO dry and lifeless! The only thing I use this for now is to clean up my contour but that’s only on special occasions or if I am going out for the night so really I don’t have a good use for this.
- Burt’s Bee’s BB Cream in Light ($14.99): I received this as a sample in my FabFitFun and loved it so I purchased the full size version. After about a week of using it I noticed my face breaking out a lot. When I stopped using this product the pimples immediately went away so I knew they were caused by the cream. This was very disappointing because this product had really good coverage and contained SPF but I guess it just didn’t work for my skin type.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in shade Lady ($5): I have not had a problem with any other lippie stix, only this shade. Every time I have worn it tiny bumps formed on my lips and they became very itchy and tingly for a couple days afterward. I am guessing it is from some ingredient or pigment that they put in this specific shade because my other ones I love. I really like the color of this one so it is really disappointing that I can’t wear it!
- e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer in Brightening Lavender ($6): I recently picked this up in a haul along with many other items you can find in my huge e.l.f. haul post. This product disappointed me right from the start. I did literally nothing for my face when it comes to “brightening”. It has the texture that feels pore filling but I didn’t find much difference in my pores either. I don’t think I will try any of their other primers because I have heard they all don’t really work.
- NYX Photo Loving Primer in Anti Redness Green ($12.99): Just like the e.l.f. primer, I did not feel like this did what it claimed to do. I have redness around my nose, top of my cheek bones as well as wherever I may have a pimple and it did not help the coverage. I might try the NYX green concealer and see how that one works!
I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe it helped you with making your next drugstore purchase. Don’t forget to follow so you can see my post about high end disappointing products! Thanks for reading!