Happy New Year everyone! I can’t believe it is already 2017, I hope you all had an amazing New Years Eve. I was in California with my boyfriend and we went to his family’s home to celebrate. There was lots of food and wine involved, emphasis on the wine, haha! Anyways, I want to share with you guys my makeup look for the night. It was a super glittery highlighted look with lots of mauve purple colors. I really liked it and I hope you do too!
- I started off by priming with my NYX Angel Veil primer which I just received for Christmas. It really smooths and hydrates your face making a wonderful base for makeup.
- For foundation I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin in the shade 1.0. I used a damp beauty blender to apply it all over my face: about one pump for each side then half a pump to build on my problem areas.
- To conceal and highlight my under eyes I took the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in the shade 15 fair. I also applied a little bit on my chin and down the bridge of my nose. I then blended it all out with a damp beauty blender.
- For setting my under eye area I used the Make Up Forever High Definition Loose Powder. This powder can cause a white cast in flash photography so I always use a very light hand to make sure I don’t apply too much.
- I then lightly set my face with the Maybelline Fit Me Set + Smooth pressed powder in the shade 120. My face has been super dry the last few days especially around my nose and mouth so I only set where my bronzer, blush, and highlight will be going.
- Moving on to bronzer/contour, I used Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Bon Voyage. This bronzer has a matte finish and is light slightly warm brown; perfect for fair/light skin tones like mine! This has been one of my favorite bronzers the last couple months.
- For blush I used another Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in the shade Prenup. This shade has a satin finish and is a soft pink but it comes off as a little purple on my skin tone which I love! Another favorite of mine.
- Lastly on the face I used the Ofra Beverly Hills highlighter. I mixed the white and purple shades together to give my skin a nice soft purple highlight. I got this highlighter for Christmas and I love it!
- For eyes I used the Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette. This is literally the greatest palette it has so many shades both matte and shimmer! I used a mixture of Dusty Mauve and Violet Gray in my crease and then Eggplant in the outer V of my eye. Next I applied Squoia all over my lid and then Pink Cream on my browbone and inner corner. Lastly I took Colourpop x Hello kitty Super Shock Shadow in Rainbow and popped a tiny bit on my brownbone, inner corner and the center of my lid. This shadow is so glittery it adds such a nice touch to any dramatic eye look!
- To line my lashline and make a small wing I used my e.l.f. Expert Liquid Liner in the shade Jet Black. This liner is super easy to apply and is very black! It is my favorite liquid liner.
- Lastly I used the Benefit They’re Real! mascara on my lashes. I got this mascara on Black Friday and it has become one of my favorites!
- Finally for lips I used Colourpop x Kathleen Lights lip liner and lippie stix in the shade Lumiere. It is such a beautiful mauve pink I love wearing it all year ’round.
Thank you so much for reading! What kind of makeup look did you do for New Years?
Don’t forget to follow me for more posts on here and instagram; slaywithamyrae